I am Oh-Eight, going on Oh-Nine
Wednesday 31 December 2008 @ 7:02 PM
Current mood: angsty
Five things that 2008 taught me:
1. All people come and go, stay or leave, remain or drift. But God is always there and never leaves.
2. Pearls can’t be made unless the oyster gets irritated.
3. Leniency makes you lower your standards.
4. ‘Love’ can’t be adequately defined by a dictionary.
5. Sometimes, an opportunity might only be a vacancy.
Five personally significant events of 2008:
1. I turned 19.
2. Letting go of the burning iron rod.
3. Having sunshine in my life.
4. I learnt more in 2008 about life than I have in the previous 18-and-a-half years of my existence.
5. Grandparent count decreased to 1.
Five things I want to do in 2009:
1. Get my red P’s.
2. Get a job.
3. Go on a (summer?) road trip (even if it’s only for one day) with some of the Bethel Bums.
4. Hang with each of my besties more than I did in 2008.
5. Enjoy the sunshine 24/7.
Five things I don’t want to do in 2009:
1. Screw up really bad.
2. Embarrass myself immensely.
3. Make insignificant or minimal progress in life.
4. Waste time on seemingly important things.
5. Have to be admitted to hospital.
Five people I’d like to know better in 2009:
1. Kuya Patrick
2. Kuya Andrew
3. Kuya Tim
and can I name a 6th? Alessa
2008 (The year gone)
1] Was 2008 a good year for you?
It was as good as it could possibly be.
2] What was your favourite moment of the year?
The sun and I talked about making a star. =3 And then the night of March 23rd, spending it with the bestest person I could’ve spent that night with.
3] What was your least favourite moment of the year?
The winter nights.
4] Where were you when 2008 began?
At the Cantre residence.
5] Who were you with?
My family, the Cantre family, the Co family, and a few other families that I don’t remember, plus some members of the Ohana Family.
7] Who were you with when 2008 ended?
The question implies that 2008 has already ended and 2009 has begun. It’s only the 31st o.o Anywho, we’re planning to spend it with extended family.
8] Did you keep your new years resolution of 2008?
I didn’t make any resolutions.
9] Do you have a new years resolution for 2009?
New Years’ resolutions are overrated.
10] Did you fall in love in 2008?
11] If yes, with who?
Sunshine Toy =P LOL
12] If yes, do they know?
Fo sho. Feelings were reciprocated.
13] You regret it?
I don’t think regret’s the right word.
14] Did you breakup with anyone in 2008?
Winter came and stayed. But I think spring’s coming soon.
15] Did you make any new friends in 2008?
A few. Not a lot. They sorta remained as acquaintances, but whatever. Same diff.
16] Who are your favourite new friends?
17] What was your favourite month of 2008?
I wish there was one worth picking for an answer to this question.
18] Did you travel outside of Australia in 2008?
19] How many different states did you travel to in 2008?
20] Did you lose anybody close to you in 2008?
21] Did you miss anybody in the past year?
Plenty of people. The list would be so long, and I bet I’d still forgot to list someone down.
22] What was your favourite movie that you saw in 2008?
There’s two: P.S. I Love You and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
23] What was your favourite song from 2008?
I don’t have ONE favourite song – my favourite song changes as often as waves crash against a beach.
24] What was your favourite record of 2008?
I have 2: ‘Unbreakable’ and ‘Never Gone’, both by the Backstreet Boys
25) How many gigs did you see in 2008?
26] Did you have a favourite concert in 2008?
Delirious? – when they were at CCC’s Presence Conference this year (Ok, so it wasn’t a concert. But it’s close enough!)
27] Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2008?
I didn’t drink any alcohol in 2008.
28] Did you do a lot of drugs in 2008?
I didn’t do any drugs in 2008.
29] How many people did you sleep with in 2008?
My connect girls whenever we slept over at Ate Flor’s house.
30] Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Quite a few things, yes.
31] What was the worst lie someone told you in 2008?
‘I promise I’ll never hurt you.’
32] Did you treat somebody badly in 2008?
I hope not.
33] Did somebody treat you badly in 2008?
Sorta. I’m a big girl. I’ll get over it =)
34] How much money did you spend in 2008?
Several hundred maybe. This comprises of money that I had in my bank account, money that I got off my parents, money I got from the few paid baby-sitting experiences that I had, leftover money that from Christmas ’07, money I got from Christmas ’08, and birthday money.
35] What was your proudest moment of 2008?
Probably when my sister got Captain of Bethel for 2009. Or maybe when the GFRESH choir performed at the CTJ Christmas party.
36] What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008?
Let’s not go there.
37] If you could go back in time to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be?
There’s too many moments that I wish I could change, but I wouldn’t because you never know how much that could alter what’s happening now.
38] What are your plans for 2009?
I don’t know. Get a job and work my butt off?
2009 (The year to come)
1. Will you be looking for a new job?
I’ll be looking for a job.
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
3. New house?
4. What will you do different in ’09?
Honestly, I don’t know. Sure, lots of things will be different ’cause it’s a new year and everyone will be renewing schedules, getting involved in more activities, taking up new hobbies, but you can’t really know for sure until it happens.
5. New Years resolution?
I don’t have one.
6. What will you not be doing in ’09?
Who can say? You never know what could happen.
7. Any trips planned?
Thought of and talked about – but not exactly planned.
8. Wedding plans?
For me? Ha, no. Far from it.
9. What’s on your calendar?
10. What can’t you wait for?
To get my P’s.
11. What would you like to see happen different?
The way our church Music Ministry (as well as the GFRESH worship team) organises and handles music notes/chords/lyrics – we waste too much paper printing out 100 copies of one song per year, and too much time trying to correct incorrect chords and lyrics.
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
I guess I’d like to be more fit. I wanna start playing netball again.
13. What happened in ’08 that you didn’t think would ever happen?
Everything that did.
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
I’m always nice to the people I care about. Just as long as they stay on my good side.
15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in ’08?
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
I won’t need to quit ’cause I haven’t started.
17. Will you better in your relationship with your family?
Let’s hope so.
18. Will you do charity work?
Let’s hope so.
19. Will you go to bars?
Let’s hope not.
20. Will you be nice to people you don’t know?
21. Do you expect ’09 to be a good year for you?
I hope it’s a good year for me.
22. How much did you change from this time last year till now?
I don’t know exactly. I can’t really say for sure – I don’t have a medium for measuring that kind of thing. But I know I’ve changed quite a bit.
23. Do you plan on having a child?
24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
Let’s hope so.
25. Major lifestyle changes?
For 2009? I’d like to play netball again. (Didn’t I already say that?) I’d like to be going to places on my own a lot more often, seeing as I’ll be going for my P’s after the New Year. Not sure what else…
26. Will you be moving?
Plans to do so haven’t been made, but we’ll see 😉
27. What will you make sure doesn’t happen in ’09 that happened in ’08?
That I don’t die in a car crash, that we don’t get robbed, that I don’t get robbed, that I don’t get mugged or attacked, that I don’t fall pregnant, that I don’t enter into a romantic relationship with a guy that doesn’t intend on marrying me in the future, that I don’t stay unemployed for the whole 12 months of 2009, that I don’t remain unable to cook myself a decent meal, etc.
28. What were your New Years Eve plans?
The question implies that New Years Eve has already happened and New Years Day has begun, but it’s still the 31st o.o Anywho, we’re probably gonna go to the New Years Eve service at church, then head off to the home of some of our extended family.
29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
30. One wish for ’09?
That it is a joyful, prosperous and enjoyable year for all.